iSurgeon is a RealSense (PerC) based app which changes the way life altering information is provided to medical professionals during a critical surgery. iSurgeon aims at providing complete surgery and patient information in real time to surgeons in just a quick and easy gesture without having to touch any input device.
The information presented to the Surgeons in the operation theater is one of the most important factor in the success of the surgeries. Currently the surgeon needs to access multiple systems and interact with input devices like keyboard, mouse or buttons to know about surgery information which might not be efficient during an ongoing operation.
iSurgeon has reinvented the way to get complete surgery information in a single interface using simple gesture without the need to click or touch any input devices. Instead of accessing multiple systems, the surgeons can just use the iSurgeon app to get the entire surgery information like patient profile, prescriptions, lab reports, live ECG, XRays, available nurses and doctors on call. Also the app enables the surgeons to call needed nurses and doctors in a simple gesture saving precious time and lives.
To achieve the seamless gesture based interaction the iSurgeon app leverages the RealSense (PerC) SDK. The RealSense camera will be attached to the device screen pointing to the Surgeon to capture the gestures. The iSurgeon app is a Windows 8 Desktop App but it is optimized for full screens to ensure that maximum information is presented in a clear interface to the surgeons. To achieve the seamless gesture based interaction the Home Theater app leverages the RealSense (PerC) SDK. The RealSense camera will be attached to the device screen to capture the gestures. The Home Theater app is a Windows 8 Desktop App but it is optimized for full screens to ensure a totally awesome movie watching experience for users.
1) Patient profile
3) Lab reports
4) Live ECG
6) Available nurses on call
7) Available Doctors on call
1) Wave hand gesture – Activate app
2) Waving Gesture will open the app.
3) The surgeon will swipe left or right to move between modules to get information.
4) Once a modules is loaded the Surgeon can swipe up or down to see more information.
5) Surgeon can Hold and Move to scroll through the XRays.
6) Surgeon can Grab and Hold for a moment to select and zoom an Xray.
7) Surgeon can Move the Hand across to move over the zoomed XRay.
8) Surgeon can use thumbs up gesture to select a doctor or nurse to call to the surgery room.
9) Surgeon can show Thumbs Down gesture to log out of the app.
The gesture recognition and the app response to the gesture has been finely calibrated and the response time is less than 0.5 seconds
The RealSense features are the backbone of the iSurgeon app since it is envisioned to provide a unified interface for information without needing the Surgeon to touch the input devices in multiple systems. Hence the ability to control the app and get information by using RealSense gestures is the real cornerstone of the app.
Leveraging the RealSense features, the app enables the Surgeons to get critical information in the middle of a surgery when they are fully involved in the surgery wearing gloves with just a gesture instead of having to use the keyboard or mouse or buttons/ knobs.
The Surgeon can navigate the app using voice controls by speaking the name of the module to navigate to. The surgeon can also go to a module based on its index number on screen by just speaking the index number.
The Surgeon can use a voice command to call the first available doctor or nurse to the surgery room
The app can provide a voice summary of the module navigated to the Surgeon without the need of the Surgeon to keep looking at it
When any critical parameter of the surgery like ECG is moving beyond the normal range the app will alert the Surgeon with the voice indication even if it is in another module
1) iSurgeon is a RealSense (PerC) based app which changes the way life altering information is provided to medical professionals during a critical surgery.
2) It leverages the RealSense camera, voice and gestures to control the app to get information and issue controls.
3) This helps to provide information to surgeons in just a gesture without having to touch the device.