Declutter is an solution to Desktop Clutter, that every Mac user faces.Declutter helps you to create Smart folders with rules based on file names and extensions. It automatically keeps your desktop organised and clean.
How to add a new Intelligent Folder in the app?
- Click on the + button in the bottom bar of the app.
- A folder create window will be shown.
- Enter the folder name, select a colour code and icon for the folder.
- Enter the file name filter for the app. This rule will help to move all files with this name to the folder.
- Enter the file extension filter for the app. This rule will help to move all files with this extension to the folder. File extension filter can have multiple values separated by comma without any space. (Ex : png,jpg,gif)
- Click on save to add the folder to the app and desktop.
How to edit an Intelligent Folder in the app?
- Click on the Folder that you like to edit on the main app screen.
- A folder edit window will be shown.
- You cannot update certain details of the folder like folder icon and colour and they would be grayed out.
- Update other parameters and click save and the folder will be updated.
What is a Rule Conflict?
When you create a rule for a folder it should never overlap another rule available for another folder. For example if Folder A has a rule for all png files and Folder B has a rule for all png,jpg files. Then Folder B has a conflict with Folder A and it would not be created and a message would be provided to the user.
How to add declutter automatically in a specific time interval?
- Click on the timer button in left of the bottom bar
- A timer configuration window will be provided
- Select the Automatic mode to on
- Choose a time interval for automatic declutter.
- Click on Save to start the automatic declutter process.
Why does the app folders in my desktop does not have colours or icons?
In certain environments prior to OS 10.9 the folder created in the desktop might not have the colour or icon. But the functionality will not be impacted.
How to load the app on start up?
- Click on the Settings icon in the left side of bottom bar
- Enable Load on Start up option
How to configure and use Hot Keys in the app?
- Click on the Settings icon in the bottom bar
- Click Edit button in the Hot Keys section
- Enter the hot keys for opening app and declutter
- Click on Save to apply the changes and start using the hot keys.
Need any other help?
Please send us an email at email@example.com and we will respond to you in minutes.